Tom Stafford / Packaging, Display and Reusable Logistics Expert
As a 4th generation in packaging Tom practically grew up working in his family’s corrugated packaging plant. Starting his career at the age of 10 Tom was already spending part of his Arizona summer vacation in the pallet yard with a crowbar and hammer pulling off broken boards from damaged pallets.
From there Tom was on to the following positions with a minimum of a full year or more of experience at each placement:
- Production floor worker palletizing finished products from the production equipment.
- Revolving machine operator on each piece of equipment on the production floor.
- Maintenance Department. (Learning the equipment from the inside out)
- Shipping Supervisor and Delivery Scheduler.
- Production Night Shift Manager. (While attending college for Business Management and Marketing)
- Assistant Plant Manager and Production Scheduler.
- CAD design and Sample Room.
- Outside Sales Representative.
- Phoenix Facility Sales Manager.
Four years later he was promoted to the position of VP of Sales and Marketing for the entire company. At this time Kiva had grown to 3 production locations and 5 sales offices coast to coast and was employing over 200 employees. Tom was responsible for overseeing national and international sales, select national accounts as well as supporting an extensive distributor network.
Currently Tom and his mother own and run the company and now with over 35 years working with plastic corrugated Tom has interacted with every industry you can imagine as well as working with many of the largest retailers and manufactures in the world. Helping these clients to develop, design and implement some of the largest and most successful reusable packaging programs in the industry.
Just a few of the customers Tom has worked with:
- O’Reilly Auto Parts
- Smithsonian Institute
- Pfizer Medical
- US Marine Corps
Just a few specialty project types Tom has worked on.
- S. military decoys project
- Disaster relief housing program
- Artificial reef project
- Aerospace products
- Products developed for the toy, hobby and game industry
- Products for the pet industry
- Displays and Equipment for the entertainment industry
If you can come up with a possible need for plastic corrugated or any other material that may be used for long term reliability Tom and his team at Kiva can probably help you make it happen.
Tom has personally patented or assisted customers in patenting well over 50 products.
In addition, with knowledge of thermal forming, injection molding, foam converting as well as a background in corrugated fiber Tom and his team are a resource for almost any packaging, display, transportation, storage or logistics program.
Tom has also worked on many projects as an independent consultant as well as assisted in several company startups. He is available to analyze and assist you with your next project. (click here for more information about consulting)